- Devised the communications response when a commuter ferry collided with a dock in New York Harbor, injuring dozens of passengers and generating national news coverage in the country’s largest media market.
- Working with state and federal agencies, helped a national pipeline company orchestrate its emergency communications response when more than 100,000 gallons of gasoline spilled from a broken pipeline in a small Ohio community.
- Helped a chemical manufacturer manage communications when 25,000 gallons of hydrochloric acid were released into the community after a catastrophic tank failure.
- Worked with one of the schools involved in a shooting incident of international notoriety to ensure open lines of communications between authorities and a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Assisted a national distributor of snack products and candy when peanut butter products it sold were linked to a multi-state salmonella outbreak, eventually resulting in a national recall.
- Helped manufacturing facilities communicate with employees, customers and the media about industrial accidents and OSHA fines.
- Prepared a local municipality and its private developer partner for possible eminent domain litigation.
- Avoided the possibility of lengthy and expensive litigation against a local development company inaccurately accused of wrongdoing by the media.
- Forestalled litigation, threatened by more than 700 retirees, against an international manufacturing firm.
- Developed and implemented communication strategies for the regulated clean-up of three industrial sites, under both U.S. and Ohio EPA directives.*
- Helped a city address contamination of residential drinking water wells caused by intentional tampering.*
- Crafted a multi-year community relations campaign for one of the country’s largest producers of vinyl plastics whose plant was at risk of being shuttered or restricted due to concerns about perceived environmental performance.*
- Provided community relations counsel and media relations support to a major developer of large-scale dairy farms whose facilities in three states faced stiff opposition from neighbors and activists, and extended scrutiny from regulators and the media.*
* Work handled by Hennes Communications personnel while employed by another firm.
Some of the above case studies were performed by Hennes Communications LLC or Paynter Communications LLC prior to their merger in 2009.
Contact us today and speak to one of our specialists.